In our most recent post on the IV Club Experience (IVX), we gave you insight into the program and some of the incredible women who are participating. As a recap, IVX is for women wanting to “play big” and make a global impact with their businesses. These women are committed to attaining 10x returns over the next 12 months. IVX helps these leaders gain access and exposure to work towards the common goal of creating economic and social growth.
In January, these global leaders met in San Diego, California to strategize and meet with other global leaders. Throughout the 3 day period, these women met with executives from the X Prize Foundation, Caterpillar and Solar Turbines, and the Elizabeth Taylor Foundation, among others. These organizations were chosen based on the work that they are doing to help women worldwide.
As a broad overview, the XPRIZE mission is to bring about “radical breakthroughs for the benefit of humanity” through incentivized competition. It fosters high-profile competitions to motivate individuals, companies and organizations across all disciplines to develop innovative ideas and technologies that help solve the grand challenges that restrict humanity’s progress. X Prize executives spoke about how finding women who want to serve on their Board is a challenge, and how we need to work together to bring women leaders to the table.
Solar Turbines Incorporated, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Caterpillar Inc., based in San Diego, California. Solar Turbines is a global leader in the design, manufacture and service of gas turbine systems for the oil and gas industry and power generation applications. Executives spoke about how integral women are to the farming ecosystem and how their products can serve to help women and their communities worldwide.
The Elizabeth Taylor Foundation has worked since its inception to help prevent the spread of HIV, and provide direct care to those who have been affected by the disease. IVX leaders met with Naomi Wilding, Granddaughter of Elizabeth Taylor. Elizabeth Taylor was first woman in Hollywood to go over the $1 Million mark in revenue. Subsequent to that, her perfume, White Diamonds, was first perfume to go over the $1Billion mark.
Throughout these few days there were a number of key take-aways. Below we share a few to keep in mind:
- Importance of Integrity – Relationships, partners, collaborators – part of what makes up the right relationship is whether you are a person of integrity who follows through with your word and can be counted on. Next to your faith, family and what you are creating in this world- what describes the seed of your character is your word. Integrity is critical.
- Give yourself time for a pause – What is that thing that allows you to stay grounded. You must give yourself a pause, to integrate your learnings and what has been presented to you.
- Importance of a positive attitude. It is critical to elevate those around you and yourself.
- You must get comfortable with being uncomfortable. What is the special gift that you’ve been given, you’re at the tip of the spear that’s piercing a wall that’s never been pierced before and that can be uncomfortable.
- Keep pushing under all circumstances, no matter how difficult.
- Invest in yourself.
- Remember that you matter, your presence now and the legacy that you want to leave can and will make a difference.
- Have confidence in your ask and the amount.
- Be sure you have the right people around you.
- Open your mind about what you want – it is closer than you think.
- Focus your assets and make the greatest impact possible.
- Women, there is a place for you to be effective, influential and impactful.
We invite you to explore taking part in the IV Club Experience. For more information contact Emra at email@example.com.