EBW’s MintHER is here to help entrepreneurs, corporations and investors just like YOU! We’ve received an outpouring of responses from our previous newsletters, and we’d like to highlight one entrepreneur’s struggles and successes to finding capital that rings true for many of us. Below is a highlight:
“(In the last 2 years), I’ve 10x’d our sales and all of this you’ve written couldn’t ring truer. I had to up my investment to fund our fourth quarter and instead of giving equity to a couple “random uncles”, I went to a bank. Well, a lot of banks, since they don’t like startup’s like mine. But I finally got “cash flow capital” and cobbled together $75k of quickbooks low-cost capital, no-interest credit cards, and some tech lenders to round it out. I put it all on my own name/credit score and thank god it worked out! We are now aiming for double this year.
Capital is so important and I didn’t have the traditional networks that so many male founders did when I talked to them….
Thanks for all the work you do and for realizing this HUGE need and doing the RIGHT thing about it.
As a social values company, it’s important for us to grow sustainable (with profit!) and not be chasing the billion dollar valuation. “
This entrepreneur did what most of us have to do – put her own name and credit on the line because she was having trouble finding funding for her startup. She learned she didn’t have access to the same networks that her male counterparts did, and this reinforces the huge need in the marketplace to solve this problem. Some additional staggering stats are below –
Did you know that:
- Although women continue to lead the way in launching start-ups, those in the United States receive only about 7% of venture capital funding, 5% of federal contracts and 5% of conventional loans. (11)
- Loan approval rates for female entrepreneurs is 15 to 20 percent less than it is for men. (13)
- Just 7 percent of companies that received $20 million or more in funding between 2009 and 2015 were owned by women. (14)
However, the opportunity in the marketplace is massive:
- In 2016, 11.3 million women-owned businesses generated $1.6 trillion in revenue employing 9 million people. (3)
- Investing in women entrepreneurs gives (corporations) access to products and services that better meet the needs of businesses and consumers. Women-friendly companies also benefit from increased brand loyalty from women. (2)
- 40% of US entrepreneurs are women (7)
- In the decade leading up to 2015, the number of women-owned firms with $10 million or more in revenues grew by 56.6%, a rate 47% faster than the rate of growth of all $10 million-plus firms. (12)
- Anecdotally, Kevin O’Leary from Shark Tank says that over the past 6 years, his investment from women-owned businesses delivered all of his returns. As a result, he is going to act on this information and invest accordingly in the future. Investments by one VC in women-owned businesses did 63% better than men-owned businesses. (2)
- Experts agree that female entrepreneurs are underutilized and could greatly stimulate the economy. Women own 38% of all businesses in the U.S., which shows growth from 30% in 2007, or 5% in 1972 (1&2).
- Women owned businesses open at 8x the rate overall in the middle market ($10mm to $1bn). “While the number of middle-market firms grew by 4% between 2008 and 2014, the number of women-owned/led firms increased by 32%. (2)
MintHER is here to help you gain access to additional avenues of capital including debt, equity and revenue opportunities. As highlighted above in one entrepreneur’s story, and in the stats, female entrepreneurs currently receive only a small percentage of all funding available compared to their male counterparts – but MintHER is here to change that! In the process of readying yourself for access to capital, MintHER is also here so that you do not have to feel intimidated by working on your financials, and/or so that you can leverage them best!
You can create a free profile by clicking on the link below! This will allow you to see a sample of the sort of reports that we can create and tailor to you, reports that will provide you with never before seen insight into your strengths as well as opportunities for how you can make yourself more appealing to investors! Be one of the early adopters in this revolutionary launch! Just click on “Entrepreneurs & Business Owners Create Free Profile” at MintHER.com.
Or you can upgrade for your own financial analysis, your very own “Money Mentor,” a “Money Business and Growth Coach,” or gain visibility into those sought after revenue and money opportunities to help fuel your business!
Thank you for your support! We want to hear from you on how this platform could help change your business! We are here to help!
#onebillionstrong #followthegreencape #MintHERSxSW #ebw2020